Fillings, veneers, braces--you may be familiar with these dental terms but what if your dentist in Tucson suggests porcelain crowns
? Under what circumstances might Dr. Davenport recommend implementing a dental crown?
Tucson Porcelain Crowns
A crown is a dental restoration designed to protectively cap or encircle a tooth (or a new dental implant). A crown may be recommended when/if:
- Following a root canal, the natural tooth requires fortification against future fractures.
- Large fillings structurally weaken a tooth; crowns lend protective strength.
- There is need to attractively restore a broken or fractured tooth.
- Completing a dental implant, crowns provide a solid chewing surface.
- Precision attachments are necessary to allow for removable partial dentures or bridges.
- Badly stained or misshapen teeth require enhancement.
- A patient is a chronic tooth grinder and extra dentition protection becomes advisable.
Facilitated by Dr. Davenport in Tucson, top quality porcelain crowns with the naturalness in shade and shape of a regular tooth can perfect your smile! Contact our office to learn more today.